The aim of the foundation is to keep the former Poor Clares's Abbey and its direct surrounding in its historic existence as cultural monument and to use it for functions appropriate to their history.
Since 1974 the foundation also owns the Restaurant Paradies. President of the foundation council is Peter Ziswiler. Marc Lahusen and Thomas Hary are members of the board of directors and head of Klostergut Paradies is Jil Kropf.
The iron Library owes its existence to the initiative of Dr. h. c. Ernst Müller (1885-1957) in December 1948, who was then the Managing Director of GF. He offered his private collection that he had collected over decades as a basis for the foundation and combined new and ancient literature in the most important industrial activities of Georg Fischer Ltd.