GF buys the estate with 50 hectares of agricultural land for 300'000 Swiss francs on 19 October 1918. The convent church and presbytery remain under the ownership of the Catholic parish of Schlatt.
The farm grows crops including cereals and sugar beet, and breeds livestock. A total of 13 homes for workers with between two and five rooms are built in the convent complex in 1919/1920.
Albert Gemperle-Beckh, President of GF’s Board of Directors at the time, explains the purchase by stating that “providing for personnel” is the primary motivation. GF is reportedly moving into industrial farming to “improve our workers’ nutrition”.