St. Michael’s convent church in Paradies, which was almost completely converted to a baroque style between 1726 and 1728, is comprehensively renovated at a cost of more than 2.5 million Swiss francs. The project is financed for the most part by the parish renovation fund, the political municipality of Schlatt, the Monument Preservation Department of the Canton of Thurgau and the Swiss federal government as well as the regional Catholic church for the Canton of Thurgau. More money is secured in the form of contributions from foundations and donors, under the auspices of the “Friends of Paradies Convent Church”. The convent church is dedicated on 29 September 2002 in a two-day celebration that the entire population is invited to attend. Today the convent church is a cultural asset of national significance.
The Klostergut Paradies from 2001 to 2002
St. Michael's convent church is comprehensively renovated