The establishment of the convent is made possible by the gifting of the land by Count Hartmann the Elder of Kyburg in 1253. Clarissine nuns relocate from Kloster Paradies near Constance. The town of Schaffhausen dissolves the convent during the Reformation in 1529. It is revived by nuns from Villingen in 1578. The convent complex is almost completely destroyed by fire in 1587. The reconstruction of the convent is completed in 1602. The Grand Council of Thurgau dissolves the convent in 1836.
The Klostergut Paradies from 1253 to 1836
Commercial yard of Klostergut Paradies, 1931